Digital Marketing Strategist
The ideal Digital Marketing Strategist is an active self-starter who is not afraid to test and challenge others. This person should be positive, confident and passionate. The right candidate is well-attired and professional. This structured, organized individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others. He or she is detail oriented, persuasive and persistent. He or she is active in the community and understands the value of spending time building relationships after work at networking & special interest group (SIG) events.
The Digital Marketing Strategist’s passion is optimizing, analyzing and winning. You love the challenge of obtaining and maintaining excellent search engine rankings. You utilize SEO best practices to improve organic & local search rankings and drive more conversions on client websites. Your advertising campaigns are on-point and send qualified traffic to client websites. You measure everything, twice, and then optimize some more.
You are never discouraged, only driven to improve. You are a vivacious, driven person who pioneers strategy, research & analytics, creative design and messaging. You are proud of the work you do and enjoy the clients whom you do it for.
The ideal candidate is generous, authentic, trustworthy and personable. He or she should have a good sense of humor, and remain approachable and humble. He or she is fascinated with people, humanity and culture. This person is calm under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity.
Being creative, this person offers creative solutions to problems. He or she knows our brand story, our vision, our mission and our audience. This person will be able to use this knowledge to present new opportunities to existing clientele. The Digital Marketing Strategist is both optimistic and reliable.
- Plan, develop & execute SEO strategies which optimize organic search rankings, including local search.
- Identify, monitor, and implement recommendations for campaign and search KPI’s
- Work with all team functions – social media, creative, copywriting, web design and development – to implement SEO recommendations such as:
- Keyword research, site audits, navigation & conversion analysis & specifications throughout web site pages
- UI, UX, and site design recommendations
- Manage internal and external link profiles for link building strategies
- Define buyer personas & audience segmentation – identify target audiences and develop strategies that deliver relevant content to drive conversions
- Lead reputation management services including monitoring reviews & profiles
- Writes blog content, website content and advertising copy for company and clients
- Learns and uses Storybrand framework to write compelling content
- Manages and assists with organic social media management of internal company social network profiles
- Assists with the creation and management of paid search, social and digital programmatic campaigns
- Performs daily management of these campaigns which includes, but is not limited to: campaign launches, budget & bid management, analytics tracking and optimizations
- Provides recommendations on paid creative formats and dimensions dependent on campaign strategy and objectives
- Excels in internal and external cross-team communication to report campaign insights and also troubleshoot campaign support issues (Occasionally communicate directly with client)
- Stays current with the latest paid advertising practices for both B2C and B2B businesses
- Leads the implementation process for new programmatic campaigns across preferred partners
- Builds and maintains KPI reports, reporting templates and reporting dashboards for clients & internal teams
- Collects, analyzes and interprets data to provide insights as to what the numbers mean for the customer’s current paid campaigns as well as long-term strategies
- 2 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in search engine marketing
- Strong understanding of technical, onsite, local and offsite SEO strategies
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Track record of success with documented results
- Evidence of career progression with growth and commitment
- Frequent experience with Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite product families
- A smart phone with ability to sync email and calendar
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization skills
- Great written and interpersonal communication skills
- Heart of a Champion – Desire to be the best at what you do
- Experience building ads with Facebook Business Manager & Google Ads Platform
- 1 year experience working in an agency environment
- Understanding of key performance metrics for search engine marketing
- PPC management & analytics experience
- Google Data Studio experience
- 1 year of Moz Pro platform experience
- Member of a special interest groups (ie: Web Analytics Wednesday)
- Regularly follow industry news sites like SEJ, Search Engine Land, Moz, etc.
- 2+ years experience working in an agency environment
- Holds certifications for Google Adwords, Google Analytics, and Facebook Blueprint
- Experience managing paid advertising campaigns on the Bing and / or Linkedin Ads platform
- Outside interests – hobbies, active roles in organizations, community involvement
- Experience with project management and time tracking software, especially Asana & Harvest
- Experience managing direct reports