The Graphic Designer should be a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to work outside their comfort zone. He or she knows how to be honest, kind and willing to take criticism when needed. Our Graphic Designer should be a good communicator, both written and oral, knows how to listen, and has an acute attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is generous, authentic, trustworthy and personable. He or she should have a good sense of humor, and remain approachable and humble. This person is calm under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity.
The Social Firm Graphic Designer offers creative solutions to problems. He or she knows our brand story, our vision, our mission and our audience.
- Create design mock-ups & final design deliverables for Creative Director approval
- Collaborate with team to translate client needs into digital and print design assets
- Ability to take creative ideas and translate them into front end web concepts, print advertising, digital marketing assets, etc.
- Maintain client and in-house brand guidelines and design standards
- Produce web banners, print advertising designs, social media graphics, infographics, WordPress web page design, presentations, digital newsletters, in-house brand material, copy content, etc.
- Responsible for design project(s) through its life-cycle
- Occasionally have contact with clients to keep the design process moving forward
- Minimum 2 year degree in graphic design, or related creative design degree
- 1 year experience working on print and digital graphics
- Evidence of career progression with growth and commitment
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with the following creative software programs is a must have:
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency with core marketing graphic design principles (typography, layout, color composition, imagery, etc.)
- Ability to handle large, sophisticated campaigns
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong creative and visual problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Design portfolio
- 2+ years experience working on print and digital graphics
- 4 year degree in graphic design, or related creative design degree
- Agency experience
- Experience with wireframe design
- Print production skills
- WordPress / Divi Builder experience
- Outside interests: hobbies, active roles in organizations, community involvement
- Experience with project management and time tracking software, especially Asana & Harvest
- Membership in a local design-related / peer networking special interest group(s)