How To Get Your Business Verified On Instagram
In today’s digital era, verifying your business on Instagram is essential to building credibility and enhancing your online presence. With the proliferation of countless businesses vying for attention on the platform, having that highly coveted Instagram-verified badge next to your handle can significantly set your brand apart from competitors.
The coveted blue badge beside your business name signifies that you are the real deal, giving potential customers more confidence in your brand. But how do you get verified on Instagram?
In this blog post, we’ll explain how to get your business verified on Instagram so you can benefit from increased credibility, improved analytics, and access to exclusive features that being verified on Instagram offers.
Why Should I Care About Instagram Verification?
Instagram verification matters because it bestows a level of credibility and authenticity to your account. When visitors to your Instagram page see the blue checkmark beside your username, it instills confidence that they’re engaging with the account’s legitimate owner.
That little blue verification badge is a powerful tool that can significantly increase brand awareness and build credibility among Instagram users. Verified accounts are seen as trustworthy and credible, giving them an advantage over non-verified accounts.
This matters particularly for influencers, celebrities, and businesses who want to establish a credible online presence, as it helps prevent impersonation and potential scams. Furthermore, being verified on Instagram can also heighten your reach on the platform, increasing brand visibility and potentially attracting more followers and partnerships.
Is it Difficult to Seek Instagram Verification?
The verification process can be daunting for some, but the rewards are well worth the effort. By following Instagram’s specific guidelines and prioritizing the consistent posting of engaging content, brands stand a higher chance of earning that all-important verification badge.
Furthermore, by staying active on the platform and engaging with your audience, your business can convert casual followers into loyal customers who will not only sing praises about your products or services but may also become valued brand ambassadors themselves.
Eligibility Criteria for Instagram Verification Badge
Instagram has set specific eligibility requirements for accounts seeking verification. Your account must:
- Represent a real person or a registered business. Impersonation of any kind or unofficial fan accounts will not be considered for the coveted blue checkmark.
- Be unique, meaning you cannot have multiple accounts representing the same entity, and duplicate or look-alike profiles will not be considered for verification. Exceptions might be made for language-specific accounts.
- Be complete with a profile photo, at least one post, and a fully filled-out Instagram bio. In other words, your profile must be comprehensive and complete to submit a request for verification. This includes a detailed bio representing your brand effectively, an official and recognizable profile photo, and at least one published post on the public feed.
- Comply with Instagram’s community guidelines and terms of service. Not complying with these guidelines may result in account suspension or removal of content.
- Be notable. Notability sets a crucial benchmark for potential verified accounts. Instagram looks for well-recognized individuals or businesses with strong online presence within their respective communities.
Will My High-Follower Count Help Me Get an Instagram Verification Badge?
While it’s true that having a high number of followers on Instagram can contribute to the perception of an influential account, it does not automatically lead to verification. Instagram, in its verification process, pays more attention to multiple factors apart from follower count.
As we’ve seen, these factors include the authenticity of the account, ensuring that it represents a real person or business; uniqueness, meaning it adds value and is distinct from other accounts; completeness, which entails having a profile picture, bio, and at least one post; and being of public interest, which can include businesses or personalities in various fields such as sports, fashion, politics, and entertainment.
By concentrating on these aspects instead of merely the follower count, Instagram aims to promote genuine accounts and reduce instances of fake accounts or misrepresentations on the platform.
The Verification Process: Step by Step
Applying for Instagram verification is a straightforward and simple process that can significantly benefit your business.
Getting your business verified on Instagram involves a simple process:
- Open your Instagram account and go to your profile.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner and select Settings and privacy.
- Scroll down to the “For Professionals section” section and tap on Business tools and controls. Then scroll down and select ‘Request Verification.’
- Fill out the form, providing your account name (the name of your business), your full name, and the category that best describes your business.
- Attach a clear photo of a government-issued ID like a driver’s license or a business document such as a tax filing or utility bill.
- After filling everything out, submit your verification request.
Instagram will then review your application and make a decision. The verification process may take anywhere from a few days to several weeks. Once your request is reviewed, you will receive a notification informing you whether your verification request was approved or denied.
Tips for Increasing Your Chances of Getting Verified
While Instagram does not guarantee that every account that applies will receive the blue verified badge, there are strategies you can employ to increase your chances:
- Follow Instagram’s Guidelines: Stay active, post regularly, and ensure your content adheres to Instagram’s community guidelines.
- Build Your Online Presence: Link your Instagram account to your other social media profiles and your official business website. Regularly update your blog and share links to your posts on your Instagram profile.
- Engage with Your Followers: Regular engagement with your followers helps build a stronger community, making your account more likely to be deemed of “public interest.”
What If My Verification Request Is Denied?
If your Instagram verification application is denied, don’t lose hope. Instagram permits you to reapply 30 days after your first application submission. Make the most of this period to enhance your Instagram presence, grow your follower base, and guarantee that your profile meets all of Instagram’s verification guidelines.
Strengthen your online presence by consistently posting high-quality content, engaging with other users, and utilizing relevant hashtags. Collaborate with well-known influencers in your niche to increase your exposure and establish credibility.
Take the time to thoroughly read and understand Instagram’s verification requirements, ensuring that your profile is complete, displays a clear identity, and abides by the platform’s rules and policies. By following these steps, you can increase the chances of getting verified on Instagram during your next application attempt.
How Social Firm Can Help
As a Columbus-based website development and digital marketing firm, Social Firm is here to help.
We understand the intricacies of the Instagram verification process and can help guide your business through it. From optimizing your Instagram profile to building a strong online presence across multiple platforms, we have the tools and expertise to increase your chances of acquiring that coveted blue badge.
The journey to getting verified on Instagram may seem daunting but with persistence, adherence to guidelines, and a little help from your friends at Social Firm, that blue checkmark is within reach.
If you loved this article, there's more where that came from. Stay up-to-date with marketing and design insights.