The ideal Project Manager is an active self-starter who is not afraid to test and challenge others. This person should be positive, confident and passionate. This structured, organized individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others. He or she is detail oriented, persuasive and persistent.
Being creative, this person offers creative solutions to problems. He or she knows our brand story, our vision, our mission and our audience. This person will be able to use this knowledge to present new opportunities to existing clientele. The Project Manager is both optimistic and reliable.
The Project Manager should be a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. This person is relationship driven, youthful in spirit, and collaborative. He or she knows how to be honest, kind and diplomatic. He or she is a good communicator, both written and oral, and knows how to listen. This leader understands the importance of mentoring and teaching team members while remaining patient and maintaining a willingness to learn. He or she is confident but not arrogant. This person is naturally collaborative and open-minded.
- Manage client relations and health to effectively inform project decisions and future projects and investment, in accordance with business requirements and management needs
- Coordinate internal and client design project needs and understand project process by helping internal team execute on deliverables, organizing and co-leading project flow, and developing solutions
- Work with business development team and leadership to create work orders and estimates
- Actively manage the day-to-day activities of the creative team – design and development initiatives. Work with strategic marketing team leader to build out project scope, hours, and timeline
- Work with teams and managers to address and deliver solutions for impediments due to unplanned situations within project and scope of work
- Manage project information and coordinate project information via Asana such as project notes, reports, communication logs, etc…
- Manage internal and client communication and expectation setting, via email, phone, video call or in person
- Maintain and ensure accurate time tracking in Harvest with creative team
- Assist in understanding clients’ needs and translating those into project scope and strategy
- Conduct research and discovery, occasionally prepare presentations and proposals for client and internal meetings and transfer feedback in a concise and meaningful ways
- Manage project schedules and timelines, author project communications and transfer and coordinate project information for multiple campaigns in collaboration with the creative and other departments, ensuring deliverables are met
- Head of client communication for creative projects
- Reporting, analysis, strategy coordination
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year account or project management experience
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Track record of success with documented results
- Experience leveraging technology/social media/PR successfully
- Experience leading a team of at least 1 direct report
- Evidence of career progression with growth and commitment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast paced environment
- Basic understanding of design and copywriting standards
- 2+ years project / account management experience
- 2+ years working in an agency environment
- Experience with Asana and Harvest
- Web design and development project management experience
- Knowledge and experience in WordPress
- Holds certifications with Google, Bing, Facebook, or other specializations
- Experience in Adobe design suite of products including Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator
What Sets Social Firm Apart?
Social Firm has been in business for more than a decade, but we strive to keep a start-up vibe focusing on high energy and growth. We are strong believers in professional development. The right candidate can expect to learn something new every day, and we take it upon ourselves to cultivate our talented employees on all levels of marketing and business. We want well rounded employees, and whether you move up internally or move on to bigger and better things in your career, we’re here to help you become better at what you do.
Our culture is extremely important, and we want you to love what you do here. Our management style is not simply aimed at you helping us grow, but us helping you be successful. With this positive synergy, growth will always come naturally.
We are aggressively scaling our business and need energetic team players that want to be part of something big. We are stewards for our clients business success and strive to always do what’s right, providing and showing value to our clients at all times.
Here are a few things you can expect:
- We move fast; we test everything; we learn as a team; and, we continuously improve
- We are nimble and always ready for anything
- Open communication environment based on high-integrity values
- Passionate teammates who know how to have fun while winning
- Opportunity for growth
- Focused on the employee and their personal and professional development
- Social Firm is philanthropic and active in the community
- The culture is well-regarded and results driven
- Opportunity to work on fun campaigns
- On-site parking, quick access to downtown, Bexley & Short North / Arena District
We Care About You – Benefits Included:
- Unlimited PTO Model
- Paid holidays
- 401K with company match
- Group Healthcare Insurance w/ company sponsored contribution