Social Firm Career
The ideal WordPress Developer is an active self-starter who has a passion for design and development. This person should be positive, confident and have an affinity for creativity and organization. This structured, detailed individual knows how to prioritize and be self motivated.
The WordPress Developer should be a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to work outside their comfort zone. He or she knows how to be honest, kind and willing to take criticism when needed. Our WordPress Developer should be a good communicator, both written and oral, who knows how to listen, and has an acute attention to detail.
The ideal candidate is generous, authentic, trustworthy and personable. He or she should have a good sense of humor, and remain approachable and humble. This person is calm under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity.
This individual offers creative solutions to problems. He or she knows our brand story, our vision, our mission and our audience.
- Design, develop and maintain WordPress-based websites, themes, plugins and components for Social Firm and it’s clients
- Show a history of maintaining, establishing and adhering to timelines
- Create and implement WordPress plugins and themes
- Optimize website performance and maintain proper security
- Collaborate with design team to create pixel-perfect, responsive websites from Photoshop files and/or Figma/xD prototypes
- Analyze customer requirements and propose the best technological solutions
- Update and maintain documentation around how things are done (SOP’s / Process)
- Create custom PHP-based functionality for additional user personalization and notifications
- Work on custom data integrations through APIs and create a user-friendly presentation
- Perform, document and optimize quality control processes
- Reduce load time and ensure best practices in tracking marketing metrics
- Manage user experience with cross-browser and device-size compatibility testing
- Develop new software solutions and maintain existing applications
- Measure and document results of implemented solutions ie: case studies
- Create, review and update technical documentation
- Collaborate with business development, creative and marketing teams to analyze opportunities, gather requirements and produce scopes
- Implement SEO optimizations, tracking & work with search team to ensure proper tracking and tagging
- Revise, document and optimize processes
- Manage hosting platform and launch sequence of new website projects
- Minimum 2 year degree in website development or related degree, or equivalent hands-on experience
- 4+ years experience with WordPress
- Evidence of career progression with growth and commitment
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with the following programs and skills is required:
- Fluency with core site aesthetics and element arrangement on screen
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong creative and visual problem solving skills, attention to detail!!
- Hands-on front-end web development experience, including CSS3 and HTML5, with device reactive design
- Comfortable working with debugging tools
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and keep up with industry trends
- SEO experience, proficiency & understanding of signals and their influence
- 4 year degree in web development, or related degree, or equivalent real work experience
- Agency experience
- Experience with wireframe design
- Gutenberg, native wordpress block theme experience and block creation interest
- Experience with building or extending a wordpress plugin
- DIVI Builder Experience
- ReactJS experience
- Outside interests – hobbies, active roles in organizations, community involvement
- Experience with project management and time tracking software
- Adobe Photoshop experience
WHAT SETS SOCIAL FIRM APART?
Social Firm has been in business for more than a decade, but we strive to keep a start-up vibe focusing on high energy and growth. We are strong believers in professional development. The right candidate can expect to learn something new every day, and we take it upon ourselves to cultivate our talented employees on all levels of marketing and business. We want well rounded employees, and whether you move up internally or move on to bigger and better things in your career, we’re here to help you become better at what you do.
Our culture is extremely important, and we want you to love what you do here. Our management style is not simply aimed at you helping us grow, but us helping you be successful. With this positive synergy, growth will always come naturally.
We are aggressively scaling our business and need energetic team players that want to be part of something big. We are stewards for our clients business success and strive to always do what’s right, providing and showing value to our clients at all times.
Here are a few things you can expect:
- We move fast; we test everything; we learn as a team; and, we continuously improve
- We are nimble and always ready for anything
- Open communication environment based on high-integrity values
- Passionate teammates who know how to have fun while winning
- Opportunity for growth
- Focused on the employee and their personal and professional development
- Social Firm is philanthropic and active in the community
- The culture is well-regarded and results driven
- Opportunity to work on fun campaigns
- On-site parking, quick access to downtown, Bexley & Short North / Arena District
We Care About You – Benefits Included:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- 401K with company match
- Group Healthcare Insurance w/ company sponsored contribution
We’re always looking for awesome people with talent.